Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 15


Getting up late is not my style.  I really need sleep mainly because I went to bed way too late which is because I was out last night with my daughter and her future mother in law.  We wind up going out for dinner which is very bad for me.  I tried to pick healthy items but the portions control I have NO control of myself.  Also being lent which really has no bearings, well maybe some, I choose to have fish.  So I had the seafood combo, which is flounder, shrimp, mussels all steam or broiled, so no breading and with it I had mixed vegetables, steamed and rice pilaf.  All of this stuff is good but my downfall was the salad bar.  I don’t know why I pile it all on, is it that I want to get my money’s worth, or is it that the salads are good and I don’t make them anymore.  I really don’t know.  What I do know is that I do not have good control of myself at these places.  Hopefully in time I will learn and adjust or even compromise in this area.  One thing though I am sort of proud that I am taking time out with myself to even investigate or put this in my mind or what I am really saying is that I am more aware of what I am doing or at least more aware of what I should be doing.  Right now I know that this is one of my weakness areas.  So if anything I know I went over on my calorie intake for yesterday.  I am going to try to really watch it for today and the rest of the week.  I want to have some type of loss next Thursday.  Tomorrow I really must be diligent because of the bridal expo that we are going to.  Hopefully there may not be so much available like last week.  Last week’s expo we had to pay 50.00 a piece while for tomorrow it is free, just as long you registered.

On one piece of happiness is that the kids have officially booked the church and the hall for the wedding.  So one piece is done and off everyone mind.  Now it is really real, my baby is getting married.  Possibly with this in my mind this will keep me straight and focus because I really want to look my best as the “mother of the bride”.  May seem superficial but if that is going to help me so be it.  I know deep down I want to be healthy but at this point I will take any motivation I can.

Sometimes I think why I haven’t done something before, why have I waited this long……………..hmmm……………..something I should just let go.

Until later……………

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you have to let go of "why didn't I do this before" or "why didn't I keep the weight off last time I lost weight". I know for myself this time was different because I was ready, my head was in the game and yours is too.

    As for eating out I struggle with it too. Sometimes it's good but others not so good. I try to avoid what I have problems with and that usually helps. You'll figure it all out as you go along. What I've found most important is when I do go off the path that I get right back on with the next meal I put in my mouth.

    Oh, meant to comment on the "25 lb" increments, I think that's a great goal, we have to set goals for ourselves as we go along. I know for me I had big goals and little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support.....sometimes I am getting to the point of thinking that if we are going out I am feeling a bit antsy.....maybe if I can just change that feeling to just do better choices I may have conquer my fear????? Make sense??? But for right now I am trying to avoid as much as I can........

      Delete