Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 81

Wow it is Tuesday already....what happened to the weekend?  Well, mine was perfect.  I went to the Delaware beach and it was awesome.  I am so grateful for my dear friend.  We had a lovely long long talk on the way down and the same thing on the way home.  It was just wonderful.  I over did it with food but in my mind that is life.  You need to enjoy things.  While out with dinner I had a fantastic drink.  It was called a Dreamsicle.  It was rum with orange juice with ice and vanilla ice cream.  So smooth it was.  Then my second one was a Strawberry smooth.  Same concept but with strawberries.  Yum...Yum.

On Saturday, her daughter, son-in-law and grandson came down.  Again a great conversation with her daughter.  Then we were off to the beach.  Beautiful day there too, actually there was a wedding going on, just beautiful.

Once home on Sunday, my kids came over and hubby grilled and we ate outside on the patio.  Hubby did buy some desert and yes I did have some.
But on Monday I am right back on the band wagon.  So all is good.

I visited Pop yesterday and he seems he is doing a lot better.  Better meaning is that he is back somewhat to his complaining.  Nothing can please this man.  I came to find out that the doctor ordered a cortisone shot for his knee.  He said that his leg is so so but I can tell he is doing a lot better.  I also noticed that he is getting a little bit more strength back.  I am hoping that maybe in a few weeks he will be getting out of re-hab.

Tonight I have a doctors appointment.  I am going back to see if my blood pressure has improved.  I certainly hope so because I really don't want to be on another medication.  I know I am on my synthroid for life but I don't want to add to that list.  Just keeping my fingers crossed.  Also too I am wondering if I will show a loss from the last time.  I lose very slowly so I don't know but looking back on myfitnesspal.com it would be great to see another five pounds.  Just finished with my lunch so all is good.

Also I am looking forward to the weekend again.  They say that it is suppose to be really good again weather wise.  Hubby happens to be off on Friday and he asked me if I want him to help getting my master bedroom back together again.  It would be great if we do get it done, but I still want to do a little bit more of painting.  I just received thru the mail these really cool plaques to put above my bed since I got already got rid of the headboard.  I think it will look cool. I saw online an idea of where you paint the opposite color as a box then place the wall decor in the box, they referred to it as a shadow box.  So that is what I want to do before the furniture goes back in......we'll see what happens.

Well, lunch is almost over and I need to get back to my reports.

Until later..........







1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you went with your girlfriend and had a wonderful weekend, I was hoping you would feel better so you could go. I've been thinking about a cortisone shot in my knee, hmmm. I wouldn't say I'm glad your dad is back to complaining lol but I guess it sounds like he's doing better at least. Glad you had a nice Mother's day too. Good luck at TOPS this week.

    ReplyDelete