Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 76

If anything I am grateful that I am feeling somewhat better than yesterday.  I don't know what happened, Tuesday night around 8 pm I felt so tired and so cold, that I told hubby that I was going to bed.  Well once in bed the pains in the stomach started, with a headache and most of all the chills.  I just couldn't get warm.  I think I finally feel asleep after midnight.  Then in the morning started the bathroom issues.  No way was I going to work.  Honestly the only thing that I was thinking about was this coming weekend.  My dear friend has a summer house in Delaware and she is going down this weekend, unfortunately without her husband, he has to work.  So she happened to give me a call to see how I was doing with everything that is going on and then proceeded to ask me to come with her and get away.  The thought of it was divine.  I am just hoping now that I will feel much better by tomorrow.  I was going to stay home again today but thought it would be best to push through and come to work.  The only thing that is really bothering me today is my body.  Feels like I have been beaten up or something.  Everything just aches.  I thought maybe because I was in bed all day but, well I don't know.

Tonight is TOPS and truthfully I just want to go and get weighed and that's it.  I do have some handouts but I know I will keep it brief.  The only consolation of being sick is that you usually lose weigh, certainly not the way I want to do it.

With being sick yesterday, the re-hab called and said that they needed to take Pop back to the hospital, because he sugar was way too low.  I know the nurse didn't like it but I told her that she must call my sister, that I was just too sick to do anything.  You could tell she was giving me a hard time, like saying, are you telling me that you can't call her? ....so you are saying that "I" need to call your sister?....just wait until I see her....  Anyhow the hospital got his sugar leveled and brought him back to re-hab.  Mush later in the afternoon I was talking to my sister, and she asked if his sugars are monitored, why are they dropping so low....nurse responded that Pop is non-compliant, meaning that they give him his insulin shot but when given his food he won't eat.   I just don't know what to do with him.  Part of me feels that he is giving up on life. 

Well I better get started with my work.  I hope the day goes quickly because all I can think of right now is my bed which I so much want to be in.

Until later...........










1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were so sick, hope you ended up getting to go with your girlfriend and that you're feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete