Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 186 Trying not to fail

This past week and weekend I have been reading another blog.  This man, well he can be very blunt and crude but I must admit he is honest and to the point.  I have been reading his blog for some time now.  I also will admit that he is funny, I guess in an odd way, but he does make me laugh at times with his stories.  The only thing is that I won’t comment on his blog in fear of humiliation, which if he feels that you are not doing it right, that really isn’t it, if you are BS yourself through your blog and giving hints, suggestions about losing weight, well he will call you out on it.   I certainly don’t do these things but I don’t know, I guess I just don’t want to become one his posts like he has done with others.  Anyhow, he has started a challenge with a bunch of people, stating to only eat 1200 calories per day.  Obviously it must be healthy and full of nutrients but must be no more than 1200 calories.  So I was thinking if this group of people can do why can I?  Also too I didn’t sign up because I am afraid of failure.  Lasting for 10 weeks is a long time. I don’t know if I have it in me.  So rather than disappoint him or I should say me, I decided to give it a try on my own.   Why am I hiding, believe me I have asked this question to myself many times over and over and I still don’t have an answer. 
Yesterday was the first day and I will admit, the thought of only 1200 calories made me think, wow I know I will be hungry, will I last even the day.  But the more I thought of it I thought why not.  I must stop thinking such negative thoughts especially of failure.  Anyway I made sure that I planned my meals.  One thing for sure is that I love, love My Fitness Pal, it certainly makes life much easier.  And you know what???  I made it through the day with the 1200 calories plus drank my 64 ounces of water.  I know I should be drinking more fluids but for me I need to work up to that.  For some reason if I drink too much fluid I almost get to the point of vomiting.  So in this area I need to work up to it.  Hopefully in a few days I might be able to get to about 80-90 ounces. Truthfully I need to be drinking around 135 ounces per day. 
When I woke up this morning I felt really good, knowing that I did it.  Now I am moving onto day number two.  For me right now chewing gum is helping me a lot.   Even with working 10 and half hours a day plus with a 1 hour commute each way, I did not slack with my selection of food.  Right now I am very pleased with myself and I want to continue this journey.

Maybe there is hope for me after all.

Until later……….

No comments:

Post a Comment