Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stop Dreaming

Again, another holiday upon us again.  I just wish the weather was more cooperative with the holiday.  Hopefully it will be nice on Easter Sunday.  Looks like hubby and I will be home together alone.  Unfortunately the kids will not be coming over.  I still will be making dinner but I will be keeping it simple.  Just making some ham, baked potatoes and a vegetable.  Will start it off with a nice salad.  That will be enough for us. 
As for my eating, well I feel I have done well except for last weekend.  Like the old saying goes either feast or famine and last weekend was a feast.  Hubby and I attended a wedding, and then the kids came over to celebrate my birthday and then on Sunday headed over to my sister’s house for a demonstration.  And of course there was plenty of food around, many snacks and many drinks.  Truthfully I am looking forward to a peaceful and quiet weekend.
Yesterday was very tiring, just as I was getting off the train I received a phone call from the nursing home my Pop is in.  Seems his blood pressure was very low so they had him transported to the hospital.  So there I was sitting in the ER room for many hours.  He seems to be better which I am thankful for.
One thing that I noticed from last week.  Especially the next day after the wedding.  I was sore, meaning my legs, but as the day wore on it seemed that my legs were a bit stronger?  This is showing me that I need to exercise more to gain strength but yet I failed to do it.  Why am I so lazy when it comes to exercising?  Sometimes I wish I had a secret pal standing right next to me telling me to get up and just do it.  I continually read this woman’s blog (which I may add is absolutely amazing and so inspiring) and how she would just do 30 seconds of walking, which may I add was excruciating for her.  And WOW you should see her today.  Even as I write this I am telling myself just 30 seconds, that is all you need to do, but I don’t.  This is one area that I am so weak in. 
Also there is this other woman who seems to have turned her life around, she exercises almost every day.  She just recently wrote how the numbers from her blood test came back better than ever.  This only proves how exercising improves your health.  So why don’t I get started?
I keep saying I am going to do something but don’t. 
I need to stop dreaming and make it a reality.
Until later…………

No comments:

Post a Comment