Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Thinking about me

Even though I don’t post often, I certainly do read plenty of other blogs. Now that all the excitement and drama is over, with both of my children and their weddings, I have begun to start thinking; I mean really thinking about me. Which I do at times but for some reason this seems to be different. I have been thinking about where I go from here. I am now 58 years old, obviously still working and will probably for a very long time. I do think about retirement, but it just seems so out of reach. I think about me and the hubby. But lately I have been thinking about how much I feel so unfocused. In many ways, not just with my health, but mainly with that. Again here I go just babbling on. Anyhow, I am back to making full dinners again. I am back to planning menus again. I am trying to get really focused on my healthy living. Actually this past weekend, as I was cleaning out a drawer from the computer desk, I can across a Christmas gift that one of my kids gave me several years ago. It is an IPOD. Brand new, never used. So I opened it and spent quite a few hours programming it and buying songs. It is now my new friend. With it I can actually feel an upbeat in my walk. The choice of music is uplifting, upbeat, like you just have to get up and dance to. So for right now this is my new tool. I have been watching and journaling my food and it seems to be working. I certainly hope so. Tomorrow I go back to TOPS; it has been three weeks since I was there, with the wedding and the holiday. So hopefully I may see a drop. I certainly hope I make it through today. Last night we had some severe storms, we lost our electricity, so there was no other options but to go to bed. Well my clock was on but it had the wrong time, so here I am thinking I better get moving and get ready for work. Well by the time I was done, it was 5:15 am; normally I don’t even get out of bed until 5:30. So with that I did a few chores and left for work. I got into work ½ hour early. All I will say I have a feeling it will catch up with me and it will be an early bedtime tonight. Hope everyone has a pleasant day. Until later………..

1 comment:

  1. I think each change brings about opportunities for change and reflection. We have to make a choice to lean into that and adapt. I sometimes get into fear. I don't always like change, but I was reading a big that talked about how we have to trust that life only gets better. Our future will be better than the past. That helped me a lot.

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete